Monday, May 3, 2010

Radical


Radical by David Platt

I love this book and I am going to join in The Radical Experiment that Platt suggests to do. The radical experiment is a one year journey in authentic discipleship that will transform how you live. I can't wait to see the results in me after the year!

I like what Platt is saying in this book. I agree with him on a lot of things.

This book wakes you up to the reality that we are not living like we should be. We manipulate the gospel to fit us.

How many of you do this? I can admit to it, but can some of you? A lot of people take what they want to take from the gospels and leave the rest that doesn't "fit" them or sound "good" for them. I see people like this when I am out. They look down on you, make you feel like you are not them, nowhere near them, and can never associate wth them. But, in all reality, I might be just learning the gospels, but I don't pick and choose what to hear and what not to hear. I hear it all, the good and the bad. While you sit there and act like you are the "prefect Christian" and you are nowhere near that!

If you would like to buy your own copy, please visit WaterBrook Multnomah.

No comments:

Post a Comment