Friday, May 21, 2010

Curly Like Me

Curly Like Me by Teri LaFlesh


If you are biracial, have a biracial child, or know anyone who is biracial Teri is the lady to know! You can visit her website TightlyCurly.

I just got her book yesterday and am so excited! I read through a lot of it. Some of the contents I knew already from reading her website. I was a litle apprehensive of buying the book. I thought why do I need to buy the book when all the resources are here on the website. But, I was wrong! There is so much more to learn from this book.

Teri is biracial and she grew up with her family and herself not knowing what to do with her hair. Being the mother of a biracial child myself, I have gotten to the point where I have no idea what to do with my daughter's hair or my husband's (who is also biracial) for that matter. Then, I found Teri and I am so happy!

My daughter's hair is usually dry looking, frizzy, and never stays where you want it to stay. Well, I started Teri's advice on this past Sunday and you can tell there is a difference already in Asha's hair. I was actually able, for the first time in her life, to brush her hair with my fingers! I never thought this would have ever been possible.

Needless to say, this book, Teri, and her website are a must for me and I hope you will look into it for anyone you know that is biracial!

No comments:

Post a Comment