Life In Spite of Me by Kristen Jane Anderson
This is such a good book. The girl on the front cover looks so happy and confident in who she is. She is sitting down so you can’t really notice unless you look closer that her one leg isn’t there and the other is there but some of it is missing.
The premise of this book is about a young woman who is tired of living. She feels that the world, her life, her parents would be better without her here. She feels like there is no other way but to kill herself. Can you imagine?
She is a normal teenager who just feels like what she has done to her relationships and other things that have happened to her are inerasable. One night she doesn’t want to go home, she is sitting in a park trying to figure out what to do next. She ends up on train tracks in extremely cold weather with snow everywhere. She hears a train and in a split second decides to go lay on the tracks and let the train kill here!
Thankfully God had other plans for this woman. Because she lived to tell her story.
A great read for people of all ages and all walks of life. I know that personally I have felt at one time or another that maybe the world would be better if I wasn’t here. That what I did, no one could love me. Thankfully I have never tried to kill myself and I now know that there is a reason I am here. I know some of you or maybe all of you have felt like this before. Whether you want to admit it or not, read this book. It gives you an insight that God has plans for your life, no matter what you may think or attempt. Also, for people with children, this can help you think of what your children could be thinking.
To buy your own copy go here.

I loved this book too. Reviewed it today also.
ReplyDelete