Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tithing


Tithing by Douglas LeBlanc


In seeing this title you think that this book is going to have some insights since the book is in the Ancient Practices Series. The book is quiet boring, with other’s stories. You might find it interesting, but to me, I did not. I however did find myself relating to the last family in the book, John and Sylvia Ronsvalle. Some of their story was a bit boring but when they started talking about how they used to live; paycheck to paycheck, on food stamps, using government assistance to help them pay bills and rent, this started to sound like how we used to be. They made a decision that even though they didn’t have enough money to afford the basic necessities in life, they would tithe. Both John and Sylvia didn’t come from a tithing family, which is the same for my husband and I, which is why I relate to them and see that if they can do it and let go of the idolatry and the “it’s my money” that my family can do the same. I can tithe and be confident that it is going where it needs to go and not to the newest craze that the “Johnson’s” have. I can tithe and teach my children to tithe.

No comments:

Post a Comment