Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lies the Government Told You


Lies the Government Told You by Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

This book goes into detail on what the author states are 17 lies the government has told the American people. This book explains the 17 lies in detail and goes in depth to explain what they are supposed to be and how the government lied to us about it.

I honestly don’t like to read about history or anything that has to do with the government. But, this book caught my eye as I feel the government lies to us, you just have to find the truth.

I agree with some of the lies and some of them really upset me reading them. This book makes you think about our government. The lies that made me think and got me all upset were; All men are created equal, Every vote counts, Your body is your temple, We are winning the war on drugs, Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars, The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects should not be violated.

To me, the above are lies that the government has told us and continues to tell us, and these specific lies touch home to me on so many levels. I enjoyed reading this book. I would recommend it to my friends, to those who like history/government and to those who don’t. This book really makes you think and I am glad I chose to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment