Saturday, February 13, 2010
Love Your Heart
Love Your Heart by Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas
I have to say I really enjoyed this book! It is about a little girl who is talking with her father about what she should do as her talent in the talent show coming up. She goes through all the things she can think of that would be good, some she don’t even know how to do. She decided to pick one for the talent show and on the day of the show, her friend needs her. She decides to not do her talent and help her friend reach a record with her talent instead.
Beautifully written and illustrated! I read this at first and then read it to my daughter. It was fun to laugh along with and to see how little minds think. It makes you think about you and the way you parent, are you like the father in the book? Would your child be willing to give up their talent and the chance of winning prizes to help out a friend? I really liked this and am going to be looking for the other book written by these two men, My Little Girl.
I honestly thought I wasn’t going to like it, but I gave it a try. Usually when you have movie stars or musicians who write or should I say “try to write” the book doesn’t turn out well at all. Big thumbs up to Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas. I also want to mention Abigail Marble who did a great job at the illustrations!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment