Saturday, January 9, 2010
Gods in Alabama
Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson
This book has everything going for it: humor, mystery, great characters, and writing that just flows. Arlene left Alabama 9 years ago after promising to give up fornication (as she politely puts it during prayers), to never tell a lie, and to never go back to the town she grew up in as long as a certain body was allowed to remain hidden. When she becomes convinced that the deal is off, she breaks all three of her promises, returning home with her boyfriend, fornicating on the way, and lying to her family that they're already married. Between flashbacks and the current scenes, you come to know the loving, albeit imperfect, family she left behind and the far-from-perfect gods in Alabama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I picked this book up after reading your review, which I do on a lot of your reviews. I just wanted to say thanks! This book was amazing!
ReplyDelete