Monday, April 18, 2011

Same Life, New Story

Same Life, New Story by Jan Silvious
In Same Life, New Story Jan Silvious examines ten women of the Bible and discusses how women today can change the stories of their lives. Each chapter is a study on a different Biblical woman, and each chapter focuses on a different aspect of "changing your story." The book can be used as a 10-week Bible study for women. Silvious incorporates stories of modern day women and how they have changed their stories into a study of women from the Bible such as Leah, Naomi, and Abigail. Silvious encourages women to be proactive and change their story rather than being stuck in the same situation due to the circumstances of life. Overall, this book was encouraging and informative. However, it did have a hard time holding my attention. It was easy to become bogged down in all the personal examples and examples of modern day women and lose sight of the strong Biblical characters up for discussion. I would have preferred a more in-depth look at these Biblical women. The tips for changing the story you are living were interesting and easy to apply to daily life, particularly in the last few chapters. The message that only you can control the story of your life is a powerful one and one we can all benefit from hearing.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment