Sunday, December 26, 2010

Under the Overpass

Ever Wonder What it Would Be Like to Live Homeless?

By his own choice, Mike Yankoski's life went from upper-middle class to scum-of-the-earth overnight.

With only a backpack, a sleeping bag and a guitar, Mike and his traveling companion, Sam, set out to experience life on the streets in six different cities. They wanted to find out if their faith was real, if they could actually be the Christians they said they were apart from the comforts they’d always known.

Mike and Sam’s story is gritty, challenging, and utterly captivating. What you encounter in these pages will radically alter how you see your world—and may even change your life.

Mike and Sam journeyed through six cities, from Washington D.C. to San Diego to experience homeless life on the streets.

I commend Mike and Sam and this journey they took. I enjoyed reading the book, it was a real page turner, which I do not find much these days.

I would love to have been able to take the journey with them. I would like to have experienced how great my faith is, if I could survive, but most of all the stories of the "real" homeless people. I would like to talk to the people I see on the streets and ask them how they ended up in this situation.

I encourage you to download a chapter of this book to see or yourself it is a must read!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn! I too have blog hopped over to you from Magical Monday. I'm an avid reader, one of the reasons I love bog hopping. This looks like an excellent read and I'm going to download the first chapter after I've finished noseying around your blog. Thank you for the recommendation.I've added myself as your latest follower and would be delighted to welcome you at my own blog if you fancy a laugh.
    Warm wishes
    Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower from Single Parent Retreat ~ It's Monday Hop Along with Me!

    Karen
    http://www.avonbykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new follower from Monday Mingle. See you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly~ Wave of Life Surf StudioDecember 27, 2010 at 1:23 PM

    Hi~ I am your newest follower from the Monday blog hop & would love it if you stopped by and returned the love :)

    http://waveoflifesurfstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm following from the blog hop.
    I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    Mika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower via blog hop. Like your blog! Would love a follow back if you like mine at http://www.fortyandtryingtobefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following from Think of Me Thurdsday. Love if you could follow back when you get a chance!

    Diane
    http://www.turning-the-clock-back.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great read. Having been homeless a couple of times in my life, it would be interesting to see if someone basically "pretending" to be can really capture the reality of homelessness.

    ReplyDelete