Saturday, August 29, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic


Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

The main character Bekcy seems to have an IQ that's not too far from 0. Her addiction to shopping and the way she handles financial difficulties are not funny but totally stupid, irresponsible and immature. If this is meant to be a satire, well, I simply can't find it funny, in any possible way. I forced myself to finish the book because of the good reviews (well, and because I paid for it). The last 15% of the book is OK (except for the last 2-3 pages) where Becky finally gets her acts together. But I almost had a heart attack at the end of the book when Becky completely forgot the hard lessons she should have learnt and became her normal irresponsible self. Another thing, how she scored her perfect boyfriend is still beyond me. In all, it was one of the most unworthy books I've read in a LONG time. (I heard she gets worse in the sequel "Shopaholic Takes Manhattan". How is that humanly possible???!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment