Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ultimate Accidental Housewife: Your Guide to a Clean-Enough House


Ultimate Accidental Housewife: Your Guide to a Clean-Enough House by Julie Edelman

Good title, but that's about it. It's a "How-To" house-cleaning guide which boasts that it will provide tricks to help you make your house "clean enough" and "blend eco-friendly habits into everyday routines". I diagree that the author has accomplished either of these feats. In my opinion, there are not enough hours in the day to do all of the house cleaning that she recommends. Also, the "eco-friendly" claim is a stretch because although she does recommend vinegar and baking soda to clean many things, disposable disinfecting wipes are not eco-friendly. Besides, I'm sure you can find all of this information for free on the internet.
In an attempt to be humorous, the author suggests a number of martini recipes to try while you scour the toilet. The part I don't appreciate is the promotion of the morning after pill. Yes, it's true. You will find it on page 202. I quote "Keep these items handy in case you need them: Band-Aids, Flashlight, Fresh batteries, Morning-after pill". What???
I found that part unnecessary and offensive.
My guess is that most readers wouldn't make it as far as page 202 anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment